VISIT BIG SKY
Visit Big Sky is a private, nonprofit corporation responsible for marketing Big Sky, Montana as a leisure and convention destination. Visit Big Sky is contracted by the Big Sky Chamber of Commerce to act as the official marketing agency for the community. Visit Big Sky is funded from the Big Sky Resort Tax District, administers Montana Office of Tourism and Business Development lodging tax funds and collects private industry investments for advertising program such as the Biggest Skiing in America® campaign. The Visit Big Sky Board of Directors meets every third Thursday of the month at 8:30 a.m. at the Big Sky Chamber of Commerce.
Visit Big Sky’s mission is to increase visitation to Big Sky, Montana.
BOARD OF DIRECTORS
- Ryan Hamilton – Big Sky Town Center, President
- Dan Martin – Karst Stage, Vice President
- Tim Drain – Vacation Big Sky by Natural Retreats, Secretary and Treasurer
- Glenniss Indreland – Big Sky Resort, Director
- Crystal Snook – Mountain Maven, Director
- Krista Traxler – Lone Mountain Land Company, Director
- Steven Rager – River Rock Lodge/RPM, Director
- Ennion Williams – Big Sky Vacation Rentals and Big Sky Trout, Director
- Julie Grimm-Lisk – Jake’s Horses and Thrive, Director
BIG SKY CHAMBER OF COMMERCE
The Big Sky Chamber of Commerce is a membership driven organization of about 400 businesses in and around the Big Sky and Greater Yellowstone area, including Bozeman, the Gallatin Valley, West Yellowstone, and regional areas of southwestern Montana. Membership with the Big Sky Chamber of Commerce brings a variety of networking and outreach opportunities to our businesses, as well as value built in the form of marketing and advertising opportunities, promotional advantages, and advocacy benefits. We strive to promote policies and practices that will enrich our business culture, while respecting the character of the community in which we live. The Chamber Board of Directors meets every second Tuesday of the month at 8:30 a.m. at the Big Sky Chamber of Commerce.
The Big Sky Chamber of Commerce supports the development of a world-class community that is Montana’s premier location to work, live and play.
BOARD OF DIRECTORS
- David O’Connor – Buck’s T-4, President
- Sarah Phelps – Yellowstone Club, Vice President
- Paul Robertson – Lone Mountain Ranch, Treasurer
- Brandon Bang – Big Sky Resort, Secretary
- Britt Ide – Ide Energy & Strategy, Director
- Bill Simkins – Big Sky Town Center/Simkins Hallin Lumber, Director
- Kevin Germain – Lone Mountain Land Company, Director
- Ken Lancey – Grizzly Outfitters, Director
- Greg Lisk – Gallatin Riverhouse Grill, Director
BIG SKY & GREATER YELLOWSTONE
Located at the corner of Highway 191 and Lone Mountain Trail, the Big Sky & Greater Yellowstone Welcome Center’s experienced travel counselors assist visitors with a variety of travel information. Need directions to your accommodations? Spending a week in Big Sky with your family and don’t know which fun activities to plan first? Let our travel counselors help you!
The Big Sky & Greater Yellowstone Welcome Center has a wide variety of information including lodging, dining, shopping and numerous activities such as downhill skiing, cross country skiing, dog sledding, sleigh rides, snowmobiling, and snowcoach tours through Yellowstone National Park in the winter, as well as hiking, fly fishing, horseback riding, mountain biking, whitewater rafting, Lone Peak Tram Expedition and Yellowstone National Park tours in the summer.
Our experienced travel counselors live in Big Sky because of their love for the community and area and they are more than happy to help you plan your trip. If you have questions before your stay, please call us at (406) 995-3000, email us at email@example.com or stop by the visitor center with your questions.
Memorial Day through September 30th: Open 7 days a week
Fall, Winter and Spring: Open Monday through Friday, 9:00 a.m. – 5:00 pm.