The Fourth of July is one of the biggest celebrations of 2016. Join us to celebrate this exciting national holiday in good old Big Sky, Montana!
Do you have plans for the 4th of July? There’s plenty to do in Big Sky. Try rafting, hiking, climbing, horseback riding, or biking. If you’re feeling a little “crazy,” go and ski the ultra classic Fourth Of July Couloir in Beehive Basin – there’s still some snow up there! Add in a trip to Yellowstone National Park to top it all off. Take advantage of Big Sky’s big events this weekend and you’ll have a Fourth of July Weekend to remember.
Celebrate the 4th of July in Big Sky, Montana with these cool events:
- 12th Annual Pesca Fiesta – Gallatin River Guides – 5 to 7 PM – Celebrate 32 years of GRG with street tacos, free beer, raffles, and sales!
- Summer Kickoff Party – Gallatin Riverhouse Grill – 8 PM – Live Music featuring Jessica Lynn
- July Third Celebration – Gallatin Riverhouse Grill – 4 to 10:30 PM Live Music featuring Wyatt Hurts Also Milton Menasco and the Big Fiasco, Plus lots of outdoor activities.
- Big Sky Community Organization 4th Of July Celebration – Big Sky Community Park – 8:30 AM – 12:30 PM – 5K Race At 8:30, Disc Golf Tournament at 10 AM, Kids Activities, Basketball Tournament, Home Run Derby, Skate Park Jam, $5 All-American BBQ, and more! Awards at Beehive Brewery at 1 PM. Sign up for the race online ahead of time at RaceMontana.com
- Firecracker Open Golf Tournament – Big Sky Resort Golf Course – 10 AM Shotgun Start
- Monday Night Pig Roast – 320 Guest Ranch – 5 to 8 PM – First Come, First Serve Pig Roast!
- Music In The Mountains – Big Sky Town Center Stage – 6 PM – Free music featuring The Tiny Band, kids activities, food and beverage vendors, and fun! No dogs or glass allowed.
- FIREWORKS! – Big Sky Town Center – 10 PM
Please party responsibly this 4th of July. It’s going to be fun and it’s going to be busy. Plan your rides ahead of time. Coordinate carpooling to limit parking headaches. Take advantage of public transportation. Leave your dogs at home. Be safe.
If you’re here before or after the Independence Weekend, be sure to stop by the weekly Big Sky Farmers Market on Wednesday and the weekly Music In The Mountains free concert series on Thursdays. It’s fun for all ages.
You can discover other cool 4th of July events (hot dog eating contests, bareback bronc riding, barrel racing, buffalo chip chucking, farmers markets, live music, stock races, and more) in West Yellowstone and Bozeman in the latest edition of Big Sky’s favorite local paper, Explore Big Sky. Pick up your free copy at convenient locations around town.
Come and celebrate the 4th of July in Big Sky, Montana. It’s going to be a blast.