September is an exciting time to be in Big Sky, Montana. As the summer season starts to wind down, the temperatures drop slightly, and the peaks often see their first dusting of snow. With nearly perfect end-of-summer weather, September is prime time to enjoy a bit of rest and relaxation under the Big Sky.
Whether you want to enjoy the final month of the Big Sky Farmers Market, crush cross country trails on your mountain bike, catch monster trout on the Gallatin, hunt elk in the Hilgards, or go for a hike to bag a few peaks in the Gallatin National Forest, September is the perfect time to get out and enjoy the great outdoors. Add in some awesome things to do in September in Big Sky, and you have the perfect recipe for an ideal trip to our mountain town.
What Big Sky events will you be attending this month? Check out these things to do in September in Big Sky:
- September 1 – Montana Shakespeare In The Parks @ Town Center Park
- September 1-3 – The Rut Mountain Race @ Big Sky Resort
- September 2 – Transom @ WMPAC
- September 4 – Monday Night Big Roast @ 320 Ranch
- September 4 – Labor Day
- September – 6 – Big Sky Farmer’s Market @ Fire Pit Park
- September – 6 – Full Moon
- September – 8 – 21st Annual Big Sky Chamber Golf Tournament
- September – 13 – Big Sky Farmer’s Market @ Fire Pit Park
- September 15-16 – Telluride MountainFilm ON Tour @ WMPAC/Lone Peak Cinema
- September – 20 – Big Sky Farmer’s Market @ Fire Pit Park
- September 23-24 – Canyon Cup @ Big Sky Golf Course
- September – 27 – Big Sky Farmer’s Market @ Fire Pit Park
- September – 27 – Big Sky Resort Summer 2017 Closing Day @ Big Sky Resort
Heading down to Yellowstone National Park this month? Find out about events in the park here.
This list of events featured above hits on some of the best things to do in September in Big Sky. Learn about other events, live music, and more on the Visit Big Sky Schedule of Events. Or better yet, poke your head into the Big Sky Visitor’s Center, get on social media, grab a copy of Explore Big Sky, or ask a friendly local about what’s happening in Big Sky. There’s always something going on and it’s always fun. You’re going to love it here!
If you’re planning a vacation, a weekend getaway, or a permanent move to Big Sky, September is a great time to enjoy the Big Sky life. When you share your Big Sky adventures on social media, be sure to tag us by using #visitbigsky in all of your social posts.