Are You Excited For A Bigger And Better Big Sky? We Are!
On August 24, 2016 Big Sky Resort released Big Sky 2025: A Focused Vision For The Future. This detailed press release and website highlight what will happen in the upcoming years – and it’s super exciting!
Big Sky Resort’s official press release states that improvements will include “one of North America’s most advanced chairlift networks to serve the highest vertical in the United States, newly created on-mountain activities and elevated lodging, dining and shopping experiences, active engagement in leading the Big Sky region to its full potential among the most livable and sustainable mountain communities, and greatly expanded options for air access and ground transportation.” Their goal is to create “The American Alps” through a $150 million investment in mountain and community improvements.
According to the Big Sky 2025 website, Big Sky Resort’s investments will include:
2015-2017 (Near Term)
- Everett’s 8800
- Montana Jack Craft Burgers + Craft Beer
- Adventure Mountain
- Bowl 6-Place Bubble Chair
- Challenger Chair
- Night Skiing
- Food and Beverage Options
2018-2021 (Mid Term)
- New lift to achieve 4500 vertical feet for most lift-served in US.
- Six-shooter bubble chairs
- RamCharger 6-place bubble
- Shedhorn high speed
- Iron Horse conveyor load
- Lone Moose conveyor load
- New North Village Gondola
- High Alpine Zip Tour
- On-mountain dining expansion:
- Top of Six-shooter
- Bowl Restaurant
- Enhanced Mountain Village food and beverage options
- Lodging upgrades and expansion
- Continued Snowmaking Expansion
2022 and Beyond
- Swift Current 6-place bubble
- Headwaters extension
- New lift on South Face
- New lift near Moonlight Lodge
- Moonlight expansion lift
- Mountain Coaster
- Lone Peak Tram capacity upgrade
- Thunderwolf 6-place bubble
- On-mountain dining improvements and expansion:
- Shedhorn Grill
- Gondola mid-station
- Mountain Village lodging, dining, and services expanded to the north
- Continued Snowmaking Expansion
Wow! This is huge news!!!
The Mountain Village will see improvements that make it “a pedestrian-friendly setting, vibrant through all seasons, that is in keeping with the resort’s Montana roots yet reflective of Europe’s quaint mountain villages is envisioned.”
Twelve new or upgraded chairlifts will help to maximize your skiing and riding experience. Two of those chairs will be installed for the upcoming 2016/2017 season (which is less than 100 days away!) Did you know you can watch the chairlift construction progress and get updates at BigSkyResort.com?
Transportation to the mountain will continue to improve too. There are currently 16 direct flights heading into BZN. Big Sky is easy to reach than ever.
And it’s not just Big Sky Resort that’s seeing all of the improvements. Big Sky Resort is a part of a symbiotic relationship with its development partners. The entire Big Sky community will see an investment of $1 billion “ensuring one of the most livable, sustainable mountain places in existence.”
The plans for Big Sky 2025 are exciting! Now is the time to plan your trip to Big Sky, Montana. Come and see what makes this mountain town such a special place all year long. We love it here and so will you.